Really Sciency

Visit my other blog 'Really Sciency' looking at Climate Science and its portrayal, misrepresentation and denial in the media.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

80 percent of Scientific American readers deny global warming!

Well this in a headline certainly got my interest. I consider myself a Scientific American on-line reader, see my Links page.

It was claimed in the the Wall Street Journal but actually turned out to be pure spin of a very flawed rough online poll carried out by the Magazine and they have refuted it and rebuked the author.

Just how desperate do these science deniers have to be? I have started to think it is all in an attempt to justify their own beliefs.

As to what Scientific American readers actually think;

"40 percent of respondents said that over the past year they became "more certain that humans are changing climate"; 46 percent said their views were "unchanged" and only 14 percent were "more doubtful that human activity is affecting the climate."


No comments:

Post a Comment